The prostate gland is a small organ found in the pelvic region. It envelops the urethra and is situated below the bladder. The main function of the prostate is to secrete a whitish fluid that nurtures the sperm and forms a constituent of seminal fluid. For this reason, the prostate is considered a vital organ of the reproductive system. The prostate doubles in size during adolescence after which its growth stabilizes for the next couple of decades. As men reach 50, this tiny gland again experiences a growth spurt, and this growth can have certain undesirable aftereffects.
When the prostate expands, it exerts pressure on the surrounding organs, namely the bladder and urethra, which can cause trouble with urinary flow. Continuously visiting the bathroom can be annoying and embarrassing for most of us, not to mention time-consuming. Here are some symptoms of prostate growth:
- Leaking after urine stream has ended
- Hesitant urine flow
- Stopping and starting the urine flow
- Sudden or constant urge to urinate
- Frequent urination at night
- Inability to completely empty the bladder accompanied by the feeling that the bladder is always full
The signs described above can be truly exasperating for most men. They lead to interrupted sleep and can mar the quality of life. Prostate disease often comes unannounced, and a change in the urinary flow is usually the first sign of an impending prostate disorder. Science hasn’t yet come up with a solution to stop a prostate malady, but there are certain measures you can take to protect your prostate and reduce your chances of acquiring a disease.
- A diet consisting of more fruits and vegetables and less animal products is beneficial for the prostate. Remember the golden rule: if it’s heart-friendly, it’s prostate-friendly.
- Super Beta Prostate supplement contains ingredients that support healthy prostate function. It has plant sterols that improve urinary flow by reducing prostate inflammation. Read Super Beta Prostate reviews to learn why it continues to be one of the best-selling prostate health supplements for men.
- Take time out for a workout, even if you’re super-busy. Nothing’s more important than your health. Studies have proven beyond doubt that men who exercised regularly faced fewer health problems.
- If you already suffer from urinary flow trouble or have a family member who had or has prostate disease, visit your doctor for an annual prostate checkup. It’s better to be aware of the state of your prostate gland, than to have a disorder creep up on you stealthily.
NOW is the time to get serious about your prostate gland. A growing and inflamed prostate not only causes urinary discomfort, but may also interfere with physical intimacy by making ejaculation more difficult. The risk of prostate disease increases with advancing age. Adopt the steps mentioned above to keep this tiny but important gland in top shape.