The prostate, a small chestnut-shaped gland present in men is found below the bladder in the pelvic region with the urethra passing right through it. What does the prostate do? It produces a thick fluid that energizes and increases the longevity of the sperm and ultimately forms part of the seminal volume. That’s one reason the prostate is a vital organ of the male reproductive system.
Now with increasing age, the prostate too grows in size. During adolescence the prostate doubles in size and attains full growth. But as men grow older, the prostate begins to grow again, and this usually occurs after the age of 50. The prostate slowly inches its way toward the bladder, pressing against it. It also constricts the urethra. Now this can cause trouble with the urinary flow. How? The frequency of urination gradually increases because the prostate is now pushing against the bladder, compressing it. As if that isn’t bad enough, the flow of urine gets partially blocked because the prostate is squeezing the urethra, narrowing the passageway. It may also harden the walls of the bladder, aggravating the problem. Here’s a look at the classic signs of prostate growth:
1. Constant urge to urinate
2. Frequency of urination increases at night
3. Leaking after urination
4. Hesitant urine stream
5. Starting and stopping the flow of urine
6. Feeble urine stream
7. A nagging feeling that the bladder isn’t really empty
How can you deal with it? Here are some tips that may lessen your symptoms and the prostate in better shape:
- Follow a sensible diet. Eat foods that are labelled as heart-friendly, because what’s good for the heart is good for the prostate. That means a low-fat diet with less sugar, less of animal-based products and more fruits and vegetables. Eat healthful fats that protect the prostate from the growth of harmful cells.
- Try nutritional supplements like Super Beta Prostate. Containing a host of ingredients ranging from plant sterols that reduce prostate swelling to essential minerals like zinc, selenium, and copper, this supplement packs in a punch and keeps the prostate free from age-related discomfort.Super Beta Prostate testimonials serve as proof that men using the product have found immense relief from their prostate troubles.
- Spend a few minutes exercising. Even a brisk 5 mile walk five days a week will substantially cut back the risk of prostate disease and relieve you of symptoms.
Funnily, the severity of the symptoms doesn’t depend on how big the prostate has become. Men with a marginal growth may suffer from terrible urinary flow problems, whereas men with heavily swollen prostates may not experience any symptom at all. So assess the severity of your symptoms and take necessary steps. If you’re over 50 and not yet experienced a change in your urinary flow pattern, that’s great! But that doesn’t mean you’re immune to prostate disease. It can strike men anytime, and usually in the old age. So educate yourself about this little gland that may otherwise make old age difficult for you!