The prostate gland is a vital component of the male reproductive system. It produces seminal fluid that nourishes the sperm. Located below the bladder, it encircles the urethra, the tube which transports urine and semen out of the body. The prostate gland, which is roughly the size of a walnut, enlarges due to advancing age, and in men over 50, can cause urinary problems. This happens because it presses against the bladder and urethra, the two primary organs responsible for urination. Age and genetics are said to play a role in prostate enlargement. So how does one know if the prostate is enlarged? Here are some signs to look out for.
Enlarged Prostate Signs
- Men may notice an increase in the number of times they visit the bathroom. Increased urinary frequency is a telltale sign of prostate enlargement.
- The frequency and urgency to urinate typically increases during the night.
- A sensation that the bladder isn’t empty even after you finish urinating could be a sign of an enlarged prostate. This happens because the prostate pushes against the bladder. A compressed bladder triggers the urge to urinate, even if it's empty.
- A feeble and weak urine stream. An enlarged prostate squeezes the urethra, thus obstructing the passage of urine through it.
- You may notice dribbling even after urine stream has ended.
- Straining while urinating.
- A urine stream that is difficult to start and stop.
- Another possible sign could be burning sensation while urinating, but this isn’t very common.
These are some of the most common signs associated with prostate enlargement. Most men ignore them till they become too troublesome and interfere with their daily activities. If you suffer from frequent urination, take a moment to go through Super BetaProstate Supplement reviews. This supplement works by binding to the prostate and preventing inflammation. It also relieves urinary flow discomfort which can be a blessing for people who suffer from the debilitating symptoms of prostate enlargement, as is evident from hundreds of Super Beta Prostate testimonials.
It's important to visit a doctor for an yearly prostate examination, especially if you're at risk for prostate enlargement. You're at risk if any other member in your family also suffers from the same condition. Incidentally, men with slightly enlarged prostate may suffer from severe urinary flow problems, whereas those with considerable enlargement may remain asymptomatic. Prostate enlargement is a very common problem, and though it doesn’t pose a serious health hazard, it can be very problematic for men who suffer from frequent urination. So never ignore the signs of an enlarged prostate and consult your doctor for the right course of action that's suitable to your particular condition.