Have you seen another family member put up with prostate problems and wonder if you’ll have the same when you grow older? You can have a healthy prostate. Eating a well-balanced diet along with regular exercise helps develop a healthy prostate along with every other part of the body. Taking the right supplements might be a good option too.
- But why supplements?
With so many natural supplement scams out there, how can you tell which ones are the best. First you have to understand the role of supplements is not preventative or curative. It helps the targeted organ function better but can never guarantee relief from any health condition. However many do find supplements to ease symptoms of prostate conditions like enlarged prostate to a significant extent.
· Supplements are convenient: It is much easier to take a supplement than to monitor every single healthy food you eat to see if it has the exact nutrients you need. You might be eating healthy food but not all healthy food has the nutrients you need for a healthy prostate. That’s where a supplement can be a good substitute.
· Supplements provide beneficial nutrients: Most supplements contain at least some extra anti-oxidants that benefit the entire body, not just the targeted organ.
- Popular supplements
If supplements can be that beneficial, what are some of the popular prostate supplements and how do they compare?
· This is one of the most well-known supplements. It is derived from a plant and has been used for decades to help patients with enlarged prostate.
It contains beta-sitosterolwhich is a kind of plant sterol that helps relax muscles during urination and reduce the pain that people with enlarged prostate experience. It has been shown to be effective in reducing other symptoms of enlarged prostate to some extent as well.
· Recent studies have shown that the amount of beta-sitosterol in Saw Palmetto supplements is not enough to really have a positive effect. It is little better than a placebo. This has shattered faith in any kind of herbal supplement.
Super Beta Prostate
· Super Beta Prostate is also increasing in popularity. It has had good reviews.
· Like Saw Palmetto it also contains Beta-sitosterol and other plant sterols that are effective in relieving symptoms of enlarged prostate. It also contains 12 other nutrients that not only promote prostate health but also provide antioxidants for the whole body. The amount of Beta-sitosterol is much higher than in Saw Palmetto and that is what makes this supplement more effective in most people who suffer from enlarged prostate.
· There are many Super Beta Prostate testimonials that can be read online from a variety of satisfied people that make it a trust-worthy option.
Since Beta-sitosterol is natural is has few side-effects but every person especially people who have heart conditions should consult a doctor before taking any herbal supplement to make sure it will not conflict with other medication. Supplements are your friends and hopefully now you can make an informed decision about which supplement to consider.