Prostatitis refers to an inflammation of the prostate gland, that's found in men and is a major part of the human male reproductive system. There are different types of prostatitis, and symptoms may vary according to the type.
In men, the prostate gland is responsible for synthesizing the fluid that nourishes the sperm and transports it during ejaculation. This gland, roughly the size of a walnut, is known to considerably increase in size as men attain middle age. The symptoms of prostatitis can be brought on suddenly or are recurrent, depending upon the type of prostatitis. The reasons for this condition are mostly unknown, though scientists attribute it to old age and a shift in the hormonal balance. Prostatitis cannot always be prevented, but an active and healthy way of life can help to lower the risk of diseases by keeping our immune system healthy. Exercise, a balanced diet, and regular intake of multivitamins are key to being healthy. Super Beta Prostate is one such dietary supplement that contains Beta Sitosterol, a plant ester that helps to maintain prostate health.
Symptoms of prostatitis
Symptoms of chronic bacterial inflammatory prostatitis and chronic non-inflammatory prostatitis are as follows:
- Difficulty in urination, and a weak urine stream
- Constant urge to urinate, even though the bladder may be empty
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Nocturia (urinating frequently at night)
- An unpleasant feeling that the bladder cannot be emptied
- Dribbling after urinating
- Pain at the tip of penis
- Discomfort in the pelvic region, the lower back, thighs, and around the testicles. This pain can sharply increase after a bowel movement.
- Pain during sexual intercourse/ejaculation
These symptoms are mild and usually come and go over a period of few months.
Symptoms of acute bacterial prostatitis:
- Symptoms are similar to chronic bacterial prostatitis, but always come on suddenly, and are accompanied by flu-like symptoms, chills, and fever. They can also include nausea and vomiting.
Symptoms of chronic abacterial prostatitis:
- These are the same as mentioned above. This condition usually lasts for a weeks or months, with symptoms disappearing and reappearing over time.
There is another type of prostatitis, known as asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitis. This condition often goes undiagnosed, or is diagnosed only when men undergo tests and screening for some other condition. Asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitis often disappears without treatment.
The signs of prostatitis described above can be confused for bladder infection, urinary tract infection, and enlarged prostate. Visit a doctor at the earliest if you notice any of these symptoms, so you can begin treatment on time. Other ways to prevent it are following cleanliness practices and drinking lots of water for a healthy urine flow. If you take a dietary supplement, read up on customer reviews. Super Beta Prostate reviews can indicate the usefulness of the product, as tried by other customers. Eat well, stay active, and reduce stress – and you may be able to prevent prostatitis after all.